What is NGN Network?
Nowadays telephone network, internet network, and cell phone mobile network is different domain each one of this has its own protocol and services.
NGN means next-generation network it is the main part of a change in telecommunication core and access network. The advantage of this NGN network is it transfer all type of data like voice, video, image, and etc by encapsulating all data into IP Packet. NGNs are going to build all over the world around the IP(internet protocol).
The ITU defined an NGN as:
A Next-Generation Network (NGN) is a packet-based network able to provide services including Telecommunication Services and able to make use of multiple broadbands, QoS-enabled transport technologies and in which service-related functions are independent of underlying transport-related technologies. It offers unrestricted access by users to different service providers. It supports generalized mobility which will allow the consistent and ubiquitous provision of services to users.
NGN is characterized by the following principal –
- Packet by packet is transferred from source to destination.
- All data is sent on one packet but it can be separated.
- Support a wide range of services, applications in real-time and non-real-time.
- It has capabilities with end to end quality of service and transparency.
- Unauthorized access by the user to the different service providers.
- It verifies and resolves the IP address problem on the interface for the purpose of routing.
- Converged services between Fixed/Mobile.
NGN Standards –
- ITU-T (ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector).
- ATIS (Alliance for Telecom Industry).
- ETSI (European Telecom Standards Institute).
- 3GPP (3rd Generation Partnership Project).
This all above standardization are working on the below problem which is coming in NGN Network:
- Network Migration – In all over world network is spread like a spider web to migrate this full network into NGN network it will take so much time and cost. To solve this problem with less money and less time this all standards are still working into it.
- Development in the fields of access technologies – Is someone wants to access data from one network to another network this will take more difficult.
- Connection of other networks to IP network – connection of other networks like telephone network to the IP network.
- Providing services and development of new ones – they are planning to give new connection to the user, they are solving this issue how to give connection to new users.
- Inter working in the area of addressing – connecting to all internal devices.
- Inter working of Signalling system – connecting to all internal devices.
- Roaming mobility – If any user using any particular network and travelling from one area to another area then Roaming works here but the scientist is still working on this project.
Also, Read – How to Install Clarity Analytics in a WordPress Blog
Concept of NGN network Model –
- Service and application layer – NGN applications and services, application server, features server, media server. A unit that supports service execution.
- Control Layer – MGC, SoftSwitch, call agent, gatekeeper.
- Transport Layer – Transmission packet network, VoIP, Media gateways, Signaling gateway, Core Packet network.
- Access network layers – Fixed, data, cable, wireless fixed, mobile, satellite. Convert the traffic flows of analogue access or 2mbps access devices into packets
- Management Layer Task – Resource management and QoS access to the network and transport network. And also gives media processing, encoding, and, data transfer. It manages all calls and connection.
Today network is divided into 3 types –
- Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN).
- Packet Switched Network (ex – LAN, MAN, WAN, etc).
- Cellular Mobile Network.
This all above network are going to converge into NGN.
NGN Network Elements –
- MPLS (Multi-protocol Label switching).
- LSP (Label Switched Paths).
- OSPF (Open Shortest Path First).
- BGP (Border Gateway Protocol).
- Traffic Engineering Module.
- CAC (Call Acceptance Control).
- IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem).
If you want to more information related to NGN then contact us.