This page provides you detailed information about VPN, VPN types, VPN Cisco Anyconnect, How to connect the machine to VPN Cisco Anyconnect with all operating systems, and Problems which are coming while connecting to VPN through the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
What is a VPN?
As we know VPN is Virtual Private Network it provides us secure connectivity between two devices over a secure network, we can say that the two computers could be on the same Local Area Network (LAN) or could be in the Wide Area Network (WAN). The Packet or data is encrypted when it is transferred from one computer to another computer.
Types of VPN –
- IPsec – It implements Security packet on layer 3 of an OSI Model and it can be used for site-to-site VPN and remote access VPN
- SSL – secure socket layer was originally developed by Netscape.it was designed for secure data transmission between the web server and web browser over the internet. But all vendors are adopting it as a VPN. Web VPN is the marketing term of Cisco for SSL VPN.
- MPLS – Multiprotocol Label Switching and MPLS layer 3 VPN’s are provided by the service provider to allow a company with two or more sites logical connectivity between sites using the service provider network for transport.
Also Read: Simple Steps to Create a Database using Azure Portal
Two main types of VPN used nowadays –
- Remote-access VPN’s
- Site-to-site VPN’s
- Remote-access VPN’s –
Some of the users need to build a VPN connection from their machine to corporate headquarters (or to the destination they want to connect to). This is referred to as a remote-access VPN connection. Many users use the Cisco Anyconnect client for remote access. Cisco Anyconnect client also supports IPsec.
- Site-to-site VPN’s –
It allows multiples offices to establish secure connectivity with each other over the internet.
What is VPN Cisco Anyconnect –
It is a secure mobility client a web-based VPN that does not need any user side additional configuration it is also called IP Tunneling, it is a secure method to access the servers on a remote location.
It supports the IPsec and SSL both options.
Connect your Machine with VPN Cisco Anyconnect –
- First Download the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client from the given link or you can go to your google window and download the .exe file.
- Install the VPN Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client on your machine.
- Click on the start button then search the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
- Run the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
- Select a Group from the drop-down.
- Then click on the Connect button.
- Enter your username and password.
- Then click on OK, it will take some time to connect.
All steps are the same for both Windows and IOS operating systems.
Problems which are coming when installing the software and when we are connecting to VPN Cisco Anyconnect –
1. Invalid username and password or login failed continuously problem – You have to manually enter the username and password. Do not copy-paste it on the fields. If you are facing the same issue then reset/change the password.
2. The installation package could not be opened problem –
- Remove anti-virus from your machine or disable antivirus for some time.
- Disable the windows firewall from your machine.
- If step 1 and step 2 do not work then format the Machine.
- If the problem is still there then contact your network admin or system admin
3. Login Failed message came – Try one more time, if you are facing the same problem then disable the windows firewall and uninstall the antivirus from your machine or disable the antivirus from antivirus setting and then try once again.
Also Read What is Cognitive Cloud Computing?
4. Failed to recognize your wired adapter – Take off your network cable from your machine and then try once again it will automatically reset all settings. if it does not work then update your network drivers from your control panel.
5. If you get error 27850 – This problem solution is so simple only you have to follow the steps
- Open control panel.
- Then open network connection.
- Then right-click on Cisco Anyconnect.
- Open Properties.
- Disable IPv6.
- Change IPv4 setting from manual IP to Dynamic IP.
- Then close all windows and restart the machine and try to connect to Cisco VPN Anyconnect once again.
- If you want to connect your office network from outside of the office then you should go for VPN Cisco Anyconnect, Don’t try to connect that network if you are still a part of that network.
- After Connecting VPN to your client network then you cannot access some of your company sites and cannot take RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) of some servers, by this we are part of a secure tunnel network which is a co-network connection that’s why we cannot access our home network.
Now I hope that all of your problems are solved in the above post.
Please comment or contact us if you are facing any different problem and its solution which is not mentioned above.
3 thoughts on “How to Fix VPN Cisco Anyconnect”