Guys need help to open SRT files and how to use SRT files so don’t worry keep reading the article and get details.
What is an SRT file?
A file with the .SRT file extension is a SubRip Subtitle file. This type of file contains video subtitle information like start to end timecodes of the text file of video with a sequential number of subtitles.
This Subtitle file is supported by so many video formats like DivX and DVD and used by various video playback programs.
SRT files are maintained in hours, minutes, seconds, and milliseconds, which appears like this: HH:MM: SS, MIL.
SRT files contain only text it does not contain any other data like video, photo, audio, and etc.
How to open SRT files?
You can open .SRT file with any text editor only the file should be in a plain text file. You can use some special text editor like Jubler and Aegisub.
Most people want to open this file because they want to use this file with a video player so it can play with video.
You can use below software to open SRT file –
- Windows Media Player (with the VobSub plugin).
This SRT file also used for youtube video
When you downloaded any movie and open it in VLC player and you need subtitles in the video then you can go to subtitle – add subtitle file menu. this same trick is used in all other video players.
- In some cases, you have to play the video first and then add subtitles .SRT file in it.
- In some cases, you need to add first.SRT file and then you need to play video for sync.
3 Intresting ways to open .SRT File
The procedure to open SRT file is as follows:
Open your SRT File with Text Document
You have to follow the instruction which is given. Right-click on the SRT file – open with and select which word processor application you want to select. If you didn’t get these steps then follow the below-detailed steps.
- Locate the .srt file you want to open and edit.
- Right-click and locate “Properties.” and open it.
- Click on the “Change” button on the “General” tab of the file properties.
- Choose “Notepad or WordPad” in the “Open with” window.
- Choose the option “Always use the selected program to open this type of file” to ensure that the chosen program opens all the files with the .srt file extension.
- Click on “OK“. Double click on the file. The Subtitle file will open in Notepad or in WordPad.
- Then you can read and edit the subtitles.
We Suggest you choose Wordpad, notepad, notepad++, etc with this software it is very easy to open Subtitle file.
But you can also use different program to open Subtitle file.
Open SRT File with VLC player
VLC player used golbaly and it support very much range of video format and file formats.
It is the very best program to use if you are struggling to open a subtitle file in another program.
Follow the below steps to add subtitle in video.
- Open video in VLC player.
- Right-click on the VLC player window.
- Then choose Subtitle.
- Nav Subtitle File from the options.
- After clicking on the option one pop-up box will open.
- Select the Subtitle file in the pop-up window and then click on the open button.
- Note – Make sure this file selected in Sub Track Menu.
Open SRT File with Windows Media Player
Windows Media Player is the default player in any windows system, but it is not easy to open the subtitle file in your system.
If you put the video and Subtitle file in the same folder then this player might take the subtitle file when you played the video.
If you played the video but it did not pick up subtitle then right-click on the screen of player – choose lyrics – captions – Subtitles and then select ON if available.
Some of the Video player applications which can open SRT file:
- CyberLink PowerDirector 14 Ultra
- CyberLink PowerDVD 15
- olimsoft OPlayer
- Microsoft Windows Media Player with VobSub plugin
- VideoLAN VLC media player
- Media Player Classic
How to Convert an SRT File
You can convert the SRT file into SSA, SUB, TXT, STL, XML, or DXFP files, all of which are different types of subtitle formats.
You can also convert your file with the help of online websites.
Below is the tools and websites to convert the file.
Also Read Below Article’s
- How to Install Clarity Analytics in a WordPress Blog
- How to take RDP with LogMein Tool
- WhatsApp Launches Payment Service in India
- Facebook Launches Dating Service in Europe
- How to Password Protect Excel File
- How to Earn Money from Google Task Mate App on a Smartphone?
- How to earn Unlimited UC in Pubg Game?
- Top 10 Network Simulation Software
- How to change Background in Zoom
- MIUI 12.5 supported devices full list