Now in Nigeria, all users need to register their SIM to NIN to know how to link NIN to MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9Mobile SIM’s go through the Article.
The Nigerian National Identification Number (NIN) is a unique identification number issued by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC).
It is very important to enroll and issued the NIM for the person to person identification.
NIN number is linked to each person’s identity card even in the individual banking transaction.
Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) had passed one bill in that they cancel all those SIM which is not registered with the National Identity Number.
Nigeria goverment announce January 19 as deadline for Nigerians wey don get National Identification Number to update dia SIM wit Via NIN.
In this post, we will tell you how to link NIN to MTN or to other operators with the help of USSD code or through an online platform.
What is NIN?
The National Identification Number (NIN) is the unique number that identifies you as a Nigerian and is issued to you at the completion of enrolment into the National Identity Database (NIDB) by NIMC.
What is NIMC?
National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) is the legal body established by the NIMC Act No. 23 of 2007 with the mandate to establish, own, operate, maintain and manage the National Identity Database in Nigeria, register persons covered by the Act, assign a Unique National Identification Number (NIN) and issue General Multi-Purpose Cards (GMPC) to those who are citizens of Nigeria as well as others legally residing within the country.
How to Register for NIN (National Identification Number)?
Do follow the below steps to register for NIMC’s NIM
- Go to the website- https://penrol.nimc.gov.ng/ for online apply.
- You can also download the application form and apply to the NIMC office. go to the link to download the form.
- You can also go directly to the NIMC office for the enrolment center.
- You can also register through any online licensed agents.
Note: – You need one registration to be issued both the NIMC card and NIN. The 11-digit National Identification Number (NIN) is however not the same thing as the National e-ID Card which is a physical token. The NIN can be used on its own for digital identity verification without the e-ID card.
Documents required to register for NIM
If you visited NIMC enrolment center with your BVN if you jhave one and any og the following required original and valid supporting documents.
- Nigerian International passport
- Certificate of Origin
- Old National ID Card
- Driver’s License
- Voter’s card (Temporary or Permanent)
- School ID Card (private/public)
- Tax Clearance certificate
- Valid immigration documents
- Birth certificate
- Declaration of age
- Attestation letter from religious/traditional leader
- NHIS ID card
- Government staff ID card.
Also Read: How to change Background in Zoom
What is the last date for NIM registration?
The deadline for registering and linking NIN to your phone lines has now been extended to 9th February 2021 for all subscribers.
How to Link NIN to MTN, Glo, Airtel, & 9Mobile Sim
Follow the below steps please don’t skip any of the below steps. Below is the video which shows how to link NIN to MTN, Glo, Airtel, And others.
How to link NIN to MTN?
There are three ways to link your MTN with NIN, below are the steps.
Method 1 :
- You can use the online registration portal to link NIN to MTN here is the link.
- Fill in the details correctly.
Link Nin to MTN by using USSD code Dial *785#.
- Complete the registration to link NIN to MTN with the help of the Mobile Phone Android APP – myMTNApp
- Complete the NIN linking form by filling in your personal details like name, phone number, NIN, and email address.
- Please recheck the form and then submit the form when you have completed it.
- Wait for feedback from operators.
How to link NIN to your Airtel SIM?
Visit official website to link Airtel Sim to NIN.
You can aslo use your mobile for linking
- Dial *121*1# on your Airtel Sim mobile to submit your NIN.
- Type 1 for NIN capture and send.
- Enter 11 digit NIN and send.
- After enterting and submitting the 11 digit NIN you will get a confirmation message.
- If you did not get a confirmation message or got some error while doing it then try after some time.
How to link NIN to your Glo (Globacom NIN) SIM?
Go to official website to fill linking form.
Dial *109*yourNIN number# Example – *109*16728492710# and submit it.
- You can also submit your NIN with SMS.
- Just text your 11 digit NIN number to 109 and wait for a reply.
How to link NIN to your 9mobile SIM?
- Go to the official website to fill the form for linking the sim to NIN.
- Enter the required details in the form and submit it.
- You will get a confirmation message after submitting the form.
How to retrive NIN number using USSD number?
- Open Your dial pad on your mobile phone.
- Type *346# on dial-pad.
- Choose the NIN Retrieval option
- Choose NIN Search if you lost your mobile number, you need to give them some personal details for verification.
- If you have done this you have retrieved the NIN.
Also Read Below Article’s
- How to Install Clarity Analytics in a WordPress Blog
- How to take RDP with LogMein Tool
- WhatsApp Launches Payment Service in India
- Facebook Launches Dating Service in Europe
- How to Password Protect Excel File
- How to Earn Money from Google Task Mate App on a Smartphone?
- How to earn Unlimited UC in Pubg Game?
- Top 10 Network Simulation Software
- How to change Background in Zoom
- MIUI 12.5 supported devices full list