WiFi Extender is affordable but very difficult to setup for this device. Here we will tell you how to setup a WiFi Extender to boost your wifi network or range. Also, we will tell you where to fix this device for good range.
What is a WiFI repeater or extender?
A WiFi repeater or extender is used to extend the range of your WiFi network. It works by receiving your existing WiFi signal, amplifying it, and then transmitting the boosted signal. With a WiFi repeater, you can effectively double the coverage area of your WiFi network – reaching far corners of your home or office, different floors, or even extend coverage to your yard.
How To Setup A WiFi Extender?
Before setup, you should choose a good wifi extender and a place to fix that extender.
To Setup your Extender :
1. Plugin the extender into the power socket.
2. Turn ON the Extender by pressing the On/Off button.
3. Connect extender WIFI Network to your computer or mobile phone.
The extender’s default WiFi network name (SSID). The extender network either has no password or the default password is a password.
Your device might warn you that the Internet is not available. This is to be expected. Keep the WiFi connection.
4. Launch the web browser and enter the IP address which is given into the WIFI Extender box or go to the extender company website and get the IP Address to configure the extender.
5. WIFI Extender setup page will appear.
6. Click or tap on NEW EXTENDER SETUP.
Accept terms and conditions click on YES or I AGREE.
7. Choose your extender’s admin credentials.
These credentials are used to access your extender’s settings on a web browser.
We recommend leaving the default User Name as admin and choosing a password that is different from your WiFi network password.
8. Select and answer two security questions from the drop-down menus.
These questions are used to recover your account in WIFI Extender.
9. CLick on NEXT.
Your extender searches for local WiFi networks.
10. Select the radio buttons for your network’s 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi Network Names (SSID)
If you are not able to see your network on the search result then click on See more or check your router is turned on or not.
11. Click on NEXT.
12. Enter the password of your router’s wifi.
13. Select SSID and password for your WIFI Extender network.
By Default WIFI Extender uses 2.4Ghz frequency and Default SSID. By default, the password for each band is the same as your existing network
14. Click on Next.
15. (Optional) For mesh extenders, you have an option to use the same WiFi name and password as your existing network. Select the Enable One WiFi Name check box to enable this feature if your extender supports it.
This allows your extender to use the same WiFi name (SSID) and password as your existing WiFi network.
16. Click on Next.
The extender will take some time to load the data and after that, it will show you the network.
17. Now go to your router setting on your device that you plan to connect to the extender network, go to the WiFi settings, and connect to the extender’s new network.
18. Go back to your web browser, select the checkbox at the bottom of the page, and click or tap Continue.
Your extender is now extending your network’s coverage.
Below is a video example of How to setup a WIFI Extender.
Buy the good WIFI extender
Before buying a WIFI Extender you should compare or match the values between your Extender and router. The generation will be generally WIFI 6 or WIFI 5. Speed fully depends on its model.
WIFI Extender doesn’t speed up your download’s it only extend the range of your wifi.
A good product will give you a better range but it can be difficult to set up go to the top and get full steps to How To Setup A WiFi Extender.
Where to put the extender for better range
Place your Extender where you will get a good range of your router but do not place it near your router. Put your extender far from the router but inside the range of the router. It will give you an extended range.
If you can’t find a good location for the extender, you might need to use an AC extension cord to get the extender to where it works best. Try things like putting the extender on top of a bookshelf or on an armoire.
If you have any suggestions about this post How To Setup A WiFi Extender then please let us know in the comment section.
Also Read Below Article’s
- How to Stop or Remove Jio Caller Tune from your Number?
- How to change Background in Zoom
- How to Install Clarity Analytics in a WordPress Blog
- How to take RDP with LogMein Tool
- WhatsApp Launches Payment Service in India
- Facebook Launches Dating Service in Europe
- How to Password Protect Excel File
- How to Earn Money from Google Task Mate App on a Smartphone?
- How to earn Unlimited UC in Pubg Game?
- Top 10 Network Simulation Software
- How to change Background in Zoom
- MIUI 12.5 supported devices full list