To know How to fix and configure the Opmanager tool? Then you need to understand how the Opmanager tool works, to know more about Tool stay tuned with us.
What is Opmanager?
It is a network monitoring tool, that can automatically discover the devices which are connected to the network. It is an end-to-end network management software or tool which is used in a multi-national company to discover, monitor the devices, and group your devices into intuitive maps.
Monitor all devices like –
- WAN or VoIP links.
- Virtual servers.
- Domain controllers.
- MS Exchange.
- MS SQL.
- Network monitoring.
- switch monitoring.
- Printer monitoring.
- Windows event log monitoring.
- Fault monitoring.
It monitors all the above devices and other IT infrastructure components.
If any error or the device down then Opmanager shows the status instantly in the tool dashboard.
It serves as a complete network monitoring solution by providing a complete solution fault and performance functionality across all devices in your infrastructure.
Network Monitoring –
Mapping your devices – It automatically creates infrastructure maps of all devices which are connected to the network.
Real-time network monitoring –
- Continous status polling of devices and services to check for availability with the help of PING and TRACEROUTE protocol.
- Continuous monitoring of critical device’s health parameters using WMI, SNMP, TELNET, and SSH.
Instant Alert detection –
Detect the alert and shows detailed information of devices for which this alert triggered and notify this alert to admin of the op-manager by which performs the next step to troubleshoot it.
Report Generation –
It generates a network-level or device level report to analyze the device or application response time.
Also Read: Simple Steps to Create a Database using Azure Portal
How to Fix and Configure Opmanager Tool on windows –
- Download Opmanager from the official site of Opmanager. Click on the link if you want to download the Opmanager Link.
- After downloading the opmanager.exe file double click on .exe file.
- Click the next button to start the installation of the tool.
- while installing the tool select the directory to install OpManager. Proceed to the next step.
- Put Port number to run Opmanager web server. it uses default 8060 as the default webserver port number and clicks on the Next button.
- Provide your name, contact number, email address and etc. then click next.
- Select the server mode
- Primary mode.
- secondary mode.
- If you selected server mode as standby then enter primary webserver host then put details given below and click next.
- By default, it comes with PostgreSQL. but it supports both PostgreSQL and MSSQL databases.
- Select the proper database and click next.
If you are facing any issue related to windows server disk space, Then click on this link.
Troubleshooting of Manage engine Opmanager –
1.Unable to create tables
1.1 The database may be corrupted –
You can repair corrupted tables. by following below steps –
- Press the Windows button+R button at a time.
- In the blank field type repairdb.bat under \bin directory.
- After that run ReInitializeOpManager.bat script in the same directory.
- After this, that command will remove all tables which are created previously.
Also Read What is Cognitive Cloud Computing?
1.2 Error downloading client files form BE.
This error came due to the improper shutdown of Opmanager due to the power outage. Follow the below steps to remove this error –
- Stop Opmanager service from your Windows server.
- Open CMD change directory to /Opmanager/bin.
- Execute given command RepairDB.bat/sh. It will delete error files from the database.
- After executing the given command make ensure all error files should be deleted. How we can check the files are deleted or not. With the help of the previous command, you can check it. By executing the same command once again.
- Then restart the Opmanager.
2. The device is not discovered in Opmanager.
2.1 This happens when ping timeout is less.
To solve this problem, increase the ping time out time in the file /conf/ping.properties and try again.
2.2 Device name is not showing in the Opmanager tool.
In this problem, Opmanager shows device IP Address and not device name because the DNS server address is not set in the Opmanager tool. To solve this problem follow the below steps –
- Enter the DNS server name and IP Address properly on your Opmanager admin settings.
- Try to ping DNS server from your network, If the server is unreachable then connect the server with your company network otherwise contact to network admin of your company.
- Check if your DNS Server is down, Then Restart the server.
3. Graphs are not formed for CPU utilization, Disk utilization, and Memory utilization of the devices.
SNMP may not be enabled or SNMP Agent is not responding.
Reasons due to graphs are not appearing in Opmanager –
- Check if SNMP is enabled on the devices. If SNMP is active the Agent may not have responded to the SNMP request. Check if the Agent is responding using the Mib Browser.
- If the device is added a few mins before then wait up to refresh all device information in the tool
Follow the below steps to resolve the problem –
- In the dashboard of Opmanager scroll down to the monitor’s list. Click the Edit icon. We will try for the CPU Utilization monitor of any devices. Click the Test Monitor link in the resulting screen. See if the devices respond to the ping. If yes then it will show you graphs of the devices.
- If you encounter any error after performing 1st step then your SNMP request to the CPU Variables is Time-out or it is out of network.
4. Using Telnet Protocol it is not showing data in Opmanager Dashboard –
- Check the username and password are correct.
- Verify the username and password by taking a remote telnet session of the devices where OpManager is installed.
5. Connection Refused –
- Check if telnet is enabled on the monitored server. If no then enable it.
- Use the correct credentials that you set while configuring.
- It is possible that it is Solaris or Linux devices. Check and correct them.