Ransomware is malware that encrypts your file and stops you from using the files it asks money to access the files. To avoid this we should turn on Ransomware Protection on our machine. To will tell you How To Enable Ransomware Protection In Windows 10 machine.
Should we turn on Ransomware Protection?
Yes, We should protect our system from this type of threat if your system is not protected then your system is not protected from Threats.
Some the ways you can get infected by ransomware include:
- Automatic visit unsafe websites, fake websites, and many more.
- Getting unwanted attachments from unexpected people.
- Opening malicious or bad links in emails, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media posts, or in instant messenger or SMS chats.
Ransomware can target any PC—whether it’s a home computer, PCs on an enterprise network, or servers used by a government agency.
Secure your PC from threats
- Update your system with the latest patches and windows versions.
- Be sure Windows Security is turned on to help protect you from viruses and malware.
- Turn on Controlled Folder Access on your Windows 10 machine.
How To Enable Ransomware Protection In Windows 10?
Windows 10 has a special feature to protect from Ransomware. Windows have Windows Defender which includes a security feature called “Ransomware Protection” this feature is disabled by default in Windows 10 it is very important to enable this feature on your system in order to get the most protection you can for your computer.
Ransomware Protection feature
It has comprised of two components.
- Controlled Folder Access.
- Ransomware Data Recovery.
Follow the below steps to enable Ransomware Protection in Windows 10
To enable the Ransomware Protection capabilities of Windows 10 you should configure Controlled Folder Access and log in to Microsoft OneDrive in order to back up your files.
Follow below steps for How To Enable Ransomware Protection In Windows 10 –
1. Click on the start menu or press the Windows button from your keyboard.
2. Search for “Windows Security“, open windows security when search results appear.
3. Click on Virus & Threat Protection.
4. Scroll down and find Ransomware Protection and click on the Manage Ransomware Protection option.
5. On the next page, you will get details information on controlled folder access and toggle to enable it.
6. To enable Ransomware Protection. Turn on Controlled Folder Access and log in to One Drive.
Which folders are protected with windows 10 Ransomware Protection?
Only Windows system folders are protected by default. If you enabled Protected Folders then it protect the Desktop, Documents, Pictures, Videos, and Favorites folders. YOu can add folders by clicking on Add a Protected Folder.
What To Do If Your Computer Is Infected With Ransomware?
If your computer is infected with Ransomware then there is no option your system is infected. Now it is very late to active Ransomware protection. Open antivirus ad run virus scan on full PC it may remove the virus.
How to open a One Drive Account?
- Search for windows security opens it.
- Then click on Virus and Threat Protection.
- Scroll Down and click on Ransomware Protection.
- In Ransomware data Recovery – click on Setup One Drive.
- Enter an email address and password.
- You can now view that your OneDrive account is paired with your computer.
Note – If you want to contact us about this article “How To Enable Ransomware Protection In Windows 10” then please contact us through mail or comment us on this article we will definitely give you an answer on it. Let us know if anything needs to add to this article.
Also Read Below Article’s
- How to Stop or Remove Jio Caller Tune from your Number?
- How to change Background in Zoom
- How to Install Clarity Analytics in a WordPress Blog
- How to take RDP with LogMein Tool
- WhatsApp Launches Payment Service in India
- Facebook Launches Dating Service in Europe
- How to Password Protect Excel File
- How to Earn Money from Google Task Mate App on a Smartphone?
- How to earn Unlimited UC in Pubg Game?
- Top 10 Network Simulation Software
- How to change Background in Zoom
- MIUI 12.5 supported devices full list